Tuesday 28 August 2007

Alves Hits Back At Del Nido Claims


Daniel Alves has hit out at Sevilla president José María Del Nido for publicly attacking him instead of keeping the focus on Antonio Puerta.


The Brazilian is furious that the club supremo labelled him as unprofessional and stated that he refused to play against AEK in the Champions on Tuesday evening. As well as denying those charges, Alves said that he was upset that Del Nido had looked to continue their spat at a time when Puerta is battling to recover from two heart attacks at the weekend.


"It is unfair that some of his public declarations in which he has criticises me professionally and personally are mixed in with news about the state of my team-mate Puerta," Alves said."Now is not the time to talk about me or my situation as we should all be joined in thinking about giving Antonio Puerta our complete support to help him pull through this delicate time.


"The only one people in Sevilla should be thinking about is Antonio. Not Mr Del Nido or me."All our thoughts and prayers are with Antonio now."


Alves was angered last week when Sevilla turned down a €36m bid from Chelsea after agreeing before the summer that he would be allowed to leave if a huge offer came in.Having not travelled to Greece for the game in midweek, Del Nido stated that Alves had refused to travel and the player has claimed that he did not.


"My professionalism should not be questioned by anyone, and even less so by the president whose main duty, in theory, is to defend the interests of everyone at the club," Alves continued"To talk badly in public about some at the club is break his commitment as president.


"I want to clarify that I have never refused to go on the trip and it was decided by both the club and myself together that it was best for me not to travel."In fact, the coaching staff suggested to me before the trip that I train with the second team and, of course, I complied with these intructions so that I could recover from a slight knock that I picked up in my last game.


"The time will come, without doubt, to talk about my exit. That time is not now though."When it happens, in th same manner that the president has publicly stated his reasons for being greedy and rejecting good offers and turn the fans against me, I will defend my honour.


"Until then, I can only ask that the supporters focus on just one thing and that is the health of my team-mate and friend, Antonio."Get well Antonio, me and all my family are with you."

0 comments: