Tuesday 25 September 2007

Henry: Ronaldinho Changed Barcelona's History


Thierry Henry has offered words of support to Ronaldinho as the Brazilian striker endures poor form and injury worries. Speaking to The Times, the former Arsenal man praised 'Dinho's contribution.

Thierry Henry has spoken out in support of his injured teammate Ronaldinho, who will miss tomorrow night's tie with Real Zaragoza.

Speaking to The Times' podcast, the French forward said, "Ronaldinho is an impressive player who changed the history of this club.

"When things aren't going well, it's his image that stands out. I find it an absolute pleasure to play with him.

"I can't explain it. For me, Ronaldinho will always be one of the best players in the history of soccer."

Henry himself suffered through a couple of poor matches as he began his Barcelona career, but insisted that the pressure of performance never got him down.

However, he conceded that Ronaldinho may see things differently with constant media exposure.

"I don't pay attention to whistles when I play, as I'm totally focused in what's happening on the pitch," he remarked.

"But I know what it feels like when everyone expects something impossible from [me or] Ronaldinho."

0 comments: