Thursday 20 September 2007

Marcelo: Roberto Carlos big boots to fill


Marcelo was delighted to make his first competitive start for the season in Real Madrid�s 2-1 victory over Werder Bremen.

The Brazil international left-back has struggled to find a place in coach Bernd Schuster's plans since the German's arrival, but impressed in last night's win.

"For me it was very important to play in this game against Werder. The fans were brilliant with me. Robert Carlos was here for many years and for that reason I have much responsibility when I play on the flank," said Marcelo.

"I believe that I need a little more confidence, but I see it coming. Schuster has given me a great chance."

Goal scorer Ruud van Nistelrooy said: "I enjoy playing in this team with so many offensive players. Clearly, it can be a gamble - especially against a good attacking team, but it is something I am enjoying being involved in."

0 comments: