Sunday 12 October 2008

Man City's Robinho learning to talk the talk


Robinho wants to learn English as quickly as possible, so he can fully communicate with his Manchester City team-mates.

"The language of football is universal," said Robinho in the Manchester Evening News. "You don't need to speak the lingo in order to be able to communicate with a football.

"Myself and the other players already have a good understanding. Sometimes in training when I shout something they think it's funny but they understand me."

He has flown his wife and baby son over from Brazil and is currently house-hunting in the North West but has been struck by Manchester which he describes as 'beautiful'.

"I am enjoying Manchester, Elano took me for a city tour and I loved it.

I haven't started language lessons yet but as soon as I find my own place I will. In six months time my English will be 10 out of 10."

Email this page

0 comments: