Tuesday 31 July 2007

I'm Still At 50%, Admits Juan


The new Roma defender impressed for the Giallorossi against Bayer Leverkusen as he hopes to replace in the best possible way Chivu in the rearguard.

Roma fans do not have to worry anymore. After watching Juan in action, the Giallorossi supporters can be satisfied with their new purchase who has proved that he is on the same level of Cristian Chivu.

However, the Brazilian defender admitted to 'Romanews.eu' that he is still far from his best form, despite playing very well against Leverkusen, his former club.

"It was a match different from the others, a special game because it was my first match with Roma and at Leverkusen," he said.

"I'm happy to have played it there, against a team where I left many nice memories and many friends.

"My physical condition is still not ideal," he continued. "I was already tired during the Copa America which arrived at the end of the season, and I had to stop completely for 10 days. I'm more or less at 50% of my condition."

0 comments: