Tuesday 31 July 2007

Kaká: There Are No Friendlies


Milan superstar playmaker Kaká was in a good mood as he commented on his team's friendly victory against Lecco, in which he impressed and also scored a goal.

Milan's friendly yesterday at Lecco, which saw Carlo Ancelotti's team triumph 4-0 against the local side, showcased an in form Kaká, who scored a goal and had several of his usual moments of brilliance.

"Scoring and winning is always a pleasure", the Brazilian said to Milan Channel. "Winning friendlies is also important, it's good for the morale and our self-confidence. Besides, for me there are no friendlies, I try to play every game to my best, as if it were a final.

"Until today we have had a good first part of the preparations, which we were not able to do last year; my condition is good, but there's still a lot of room for improvement".

Last year Milan also played a friendly against Lecco, which they won 2-0; scoring twice as many goals this time could be a good omen for next season, as Kaká agreed: "Yes, let's hope the trophies will double as well. Last year I couldn't be here, this year I managed to play, I feel very good: it's important to be with the team from the start, and take part in all the trainings."

0 comments: