Wednesday 1 August 2007

Alves: I Want To Leave Sevilla


Daniel Alves has stunned Sevilla by stating that he wants to leave the club only a month before the new season kicks off.

The Brazilian full-back has been strongly linked to a move to Chelsea, but the Andalucian outfit continue to deny that they have received any offers from the Blues.

Sevilla president, José María Del Nido, has said that Alves could leave the club, but talks would only begin if an offer of €30m of more was made.

Now Alves is looking to force the club's hand and has revealed that he believes that he gone as far as he can with the UEFA Cup holders.

"My objective is to play in another team," Alves told Arena Sportv.

"I have been at Sevilla for five years and now I think it's the moment to give a step forward in my career and play at a European giant.

"I have won all that I can win at Sevilla so I feel that this is the moment for following my career in another place.

"In one year we changed Sevilla's history. We won three titles in one year and that hasn't happened for a long time."

Alves has been linked with a move away from the Sánchez Pizjuán since rising to prominence during the 2005-06 campaign and was tipped to join Liverpool last summer.

As well as Chelsea, both AC Milan and Arsenal have also been linked with the attacking 24-year-old wing-back.

0 comments: