Monday 3 September 2007

Anderson: I Want To Be Involved In Every Game


Manchester United new boy Anderson made his competitive debut for the club at the weekend against Sunderland at Old Trafford, a moment the Brazilian will cherish.


The midfielder had made his debut for the club against Doncaster Rovers in a pre-season friendly but was struck down by injury at the start of the season and has taken some time to get back to full fitness.


The former Porto star has shot to stardom, having only played in Portugal for less than two years he was courted by United and brought to England in July.


His potential was obviously spotted early and manager Alex Ferguson wasted no time in bringing the 19-year-old to Old Trafford as a long term replacement for Paul Scholes in midfield.


Anderson’s start at United was a wining one, playing the first half in their 1-0 victory over Sunderland, being replaced at the break by match winner Louis Saha.


The Brazil international was delighted to have finally made his first competitive appearance for the club.


“It was amazing, not just for me but for my family as well. As a young boy it was always my dream to play for a big European club. I was lucky enough to do it with FC Porto and now I’m at United. I feel proud to be here and I want to do my best,” he told United’s official website.


Anderson revealed that he was finally convinced to join United this summer on the recommendation of Cristiano Ronaldo.


“I’m good friends with Cristiano Ronaldo and he told me about the club and what a great place it is. Joining United is a dream come true for any footballer in the world. I’m really excited to be here and hope I can do well,” he continued.


The youngster knows that in Paul Scholes he has serious competition for a starting place as at 32, the former England ace shows no signs of hanging up his boots yet.


“He’s a top player with great qualities who has won a lot for Manchester United and I’m looking forward to hopefully playing alongside him.


“But the important thing is the team. All the players have the same objective and that’s to help the team become successful,” he concluded.

0 comments: