Wednesday 5 September 2007

I Could Still Play For Madrid - Roberto Carlos


Roberto Carlos returned to Madrid to meet up with some of his old friends and revealed that he thinks he would have been able to earn a place in Bernd Schuster's new look side.


The Brazilian wing-back left Real Madrid to join Fenerbahçe, but has maintained contact with his former club and is impressed by what he has seen.


Despite all the new arrivals, he believes that if he had stayed at the Bernabéu he would have been a regular in the team still."I would have a place in this Real Madrid side," Roberto Carlos stated.


The 34-year-old pushed through his exit from Madrid, but admits that when it came down to finally leaving it him hard."The day that I collected my things from my locker in the changing room I cried," he continued.


Looking at the new arrivals, Roberto Carlos picked out one player who has impressed him int he opening games of the campaign."I think Wesley Sneijder is great," he explained. "I have only seen him play a couple of times, but he looks to have everything."He will be one of the stars of the side."

0 comments: