Thursday 15 November 2007

Fabiano Stunned By Brazil Recall


The Sevilla striker's great start to the season has seen him named in the squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Peru and Uruguay.

Having last appeared for Brazil in the Copa América in 2004, Fabiano was not expecting that his high-scoring run in the league wold necessarily be enough to earn him a place.

"My primary concern was to do my job for Sevilla, to show what I am capable of, so that one day they would realise," he stated.

"I honestly did not expect this to happen now."

In the summer of 2005, Fabiano played for Sevilla against Brazil for the Andalucian club's centenary game and did not enjoy the experience.

"That day I felt a very long way from the national team," he said, as he was excluded by the Brazilian's coach at the time, Carlos Alberto Parreira.

"The squad was preparing for the 2006 World Cup Finals and I was seen as on the outside of the coach's plans."

0 comments: