Thursday 15 November 2007

Roberto Carlos full of praise for Real Madrid youngster Marcelo


Fenerbahce superstar Roberto Carlos is full of praise for his successor at Real Madrid - Marcelo.

Roberto Carlos declared: "I arrived in Madrid at 20 and Marcelo at 18. I believe that he arrived better prepared than I because he came as a very expert player at international and club level. It has not surprised me he's a starter. It cheers me that another Brazilian has arrived and with my same characteristics, very offensive and someone who plays with joy. He will be among the best in the world this season."

Asked about his departure from Real last summer, Roberto Carlos admits some sadness.

"I do not hold resentment, but it makes me very sad because there were people who failed me. Now they treat me very well at my new club (Fenerbahce)," concluded the Brazilian to AS.

0 comments: