Wednesday 14 November 2007

Marcelo: I Knew My Chance Would Come


The Brazilian full-back has forced his way into Bernd Schuster's side following reports that he could leave the club earlier in the campaign.

Having played in 12 of Madrid's last 13 matches, Marcelo stated that his dream had finally come true after he grabbed the chance to stake a claim for a regular place in the side.

"The last time I was in a press conference I was asked about my chances of playing," he said. "I was fortunate to be given that chance, but I knew deep down that it would come and I'm now able to show what I've got on the pitch.

"I always dreamed of playing and setting foot in the Bernabéu since I first signed for Madrid. I knew that day would come and all I want now is continuity and for things to go well for the team and me."

Former Madrid idol Roberto Carlos has praised Marcelo for his performances for Los Merengues in recent weeks and the youngster was very proud.

"Roberto Carlos is still the best there is. Hearing him say such nice things about me makes me very proud," he continued.

"He's an incredible person and knows a thing or two about football."

0 comments: