Tuesday 21 August 2007

Alves 'no closer to deciding future'


Sevilla full-back Daniel Alves claims his future is still very much up in the air despite courting interest from Premier League giants Chelsea for the last two months.


The Brazilian defender has been rumoured to be on the way to west London all summer, with a price-tag of somewhere in the region of £20 million being touted in the media.


However the latest speculation suggests Sevilla boss Juande Ramos has now upped the ante by asking for £24.5 million for Alves, after turning down a bid from Jose Mourinho's side that fell £3 million short.


And Alves himself admitted that he was still unsure where he would be playing this season, with the transfer window set to close in just over one week's time.


"I am still not any closer to confirming my future," he said."It's a very complicated situation and I am worried. The only thing I want is for the situation to be resolved immediately."But while I am with Sevilla I will act professionally. However, I am hopeful for some closure on this subject."


Some sources have suggested Alves may move to Real Madrid if the Chelsea deal falls through, and the player himself has given credence to the speculation.


"Any player denying wanting to play for Real would be a liar," he continued."I am no different but it's not a decision that I have to take."Any player would be enthusiastic about joining Madrid but I just hope the matter is resolved soon."

0 comments: