Saturday 25 August 2007

Amauri Itching To Play


The Brazilian striker will start his first Serie A match on Sunday against Roma following the injury he picked up last year in December which ruled him out for the rest of the season.


Amauri Carvalho will most likely start from the first minute on Sunday evening as Palermo take on the Giallorossi at the Barbera stadium in the first matchday of Serie A.


"The match against Roma will be a very difficult one because we shall be facing a great team," he commented.


The prolific striker admitted that he is not yet at his best."Right now I still don't have the ninety minutes in my legs, therefore it will be the coach who will decide if I shall start from the beginning or not.


"I have a lot of desire to play and if I will go on the pitch, I will do so with my usual will and determination," he declared.


When asked about a possible national team call-up, Amauri avoided the matter."Right now I only want to think about Palermo," he replied.

0 comments: