Friday 10 August 2007

Adriano Eyes First-Team Return


Internazionale striker Adriano has expressed his determination to force his way into Roberto Mancini's plans for the new season.

The Brazilian struggled to hold down a regular place in the Inter starting XI last season and received harsh criticism from national team coach Dunga concerning his laid-back attitude.

But after looking sharp during pre-season and regaining his fitness, the 25-year-old wants to make an impression on Serie A in the forthcoming campaign.

"I'm still not at my best but I'm happy," he told the club's official website, www.inter.it.

"There's still a long way to go, I must want to win a place in this team. It won't be easy because there are many good team-mates, but my whole career has been uphill.

"I have never been scared of difficulties. I'm working and smiling - this is what counts for me and Inter."

0 comments: