Friday 10 August 2007

Zelao denies Panathinaikos bid


Corinthians defender Zelao has denied that he is set for a move to Greek side Panathinaikos.

The 20-year-old centre back was reported to have been the subject of a 2.5 million dollar bid but insisted that he is to stay at the Brazilian club.

"Of course that the dream of every player is to have the chance to be transferred to Europe," he said. "But I want to do my bit for Corinthians and then I will think about other things.

"I haven't been told anything about receiving any concrete offer for my transfer. Maybe it's all just rumours."

Zaragoza are also reported to be interested in signing the player as a long-term replacement for Gabriel Milito, who joined Barcelona this summer.

"The last thing that I heard is that the club had two proposals to buy me and I am flattered that big European teams are interested in me."

Zelao, born Luiz Ricardo da Silva, only joined Corinthians this year from Bragantino.

0 comments: