Saturday 11 August 2007

Adriano Thanks San Paolo Fans


Inter's Brazilian striker Adriano thanked the fans at the San Paolo stadium for cheering him on during the friendly against Juventus at the Trofeo Birra Moretti on Wednesday.

The friendly match against Juventus at the Trofeo Birra Moretti on Wednesday gave Adriano new hope and the conviction he can get past the negative period he has been going through the last year and a half.

"The cheers I got during the game at San Paolo gave me a boost," the striker revealed, "because it shows I played well and that the work I'm doing is starting to have its effects. But I'm waiting for the cheers and the applause of San Siro. I want the fans to applaud me like that after a great performance in Milan. I hope it happens soon."

"Mancini will decide who plays. These choices are up to him and all I can do is make it hard for him to make a decision by working hard." It seems he has acknowledged that Ibrahimovic will once again be guaranteed a starting place and that the competition with Suazo will be very tough as the Honduran has shown great things in this pre-season.

"When I'm happy," Adriano concluded, "I play like this, but I know very well this is only the start. I have to keep it up throughout the season and be ready to face any difficulties that will inevitably come around."

0 comments: