Friday 10 August 2007

Roberto Carlos denies Boca reports


Brazilian defender Roberto Carlos has said he was surprised by reports that he would join Argentinian club Boca Juniors as nobody contacted him before he signed for Fenerbahce - although Boca claim otherwise.

He added that having signed for the Turkish outfit he will not change his mind and move to South America.

"Nobody called me from Boca Juniors," he said. "I was very surprised when I was told that I was going to play at Boca Juniors. I have just signed a contract with Fenerbahce.

"I never close any door, but I have a contract in Turkey."

Carlos added that one day perhaps he would be happy to play in the country, although he is already 34 and his game is based for a large part upon speed.

"I would like some day to have the chance to play in Argentinian football," he continued. "I am not going to say that it's my dream to play in Argentina because that wouldn't be the truth, but I always watch a lot of Argentinian football.

"If in the future there is a chance to play there I would like it. Boca is a team known all over the world. Any player would like to play there.

"However at the moment I am under contract at Fenerbahce so there isn't any chance of me moving."

Boca vice-president Pedro Pompilio has insisted that they entered negotiations for World Cup winner Carlos.

"At one point, when we knew that Roberto Carlos was leaving Real Madrid, we had some negotiations to bring him to Boca - but he finally decided to sign at Fenerbahce."

0 comments: