Thursday 9 August 2007

Unsettled Alves desperate for Chelsea switch


Dani Alves demands that Sevilla let him take advantage of interest from London giants Chelsea as the Brazilian right-back faces a big-money transfer...

Sevilla's in-demand defender Dani Alves has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Chelsea - and expects that his current club won't stand in his way.

The highly-rated Brazilian right-back said of a possible Chelsea transfer, "I want to take advatange of it. And out of respect for me, Sevilla must let me do it.

"I have behaved well in my four years here and now I expect the same courtesy from Sevilla, and that they consider an offer.

The player went on to say that he is determined "to play for a great team and take advantage of what's happening," but that he doesn't want to "leave Sevilla on bad terms."

Alves joined Sevilla from Bahia in 2002. The 24 year old received his first Brazilian cap in 2006, and also signed his current Sevilla deal in December of that year, tying him to the Andalucian club until 2012.

0 comments: