Wednesday 8 August 2007

Newcastle Sign Cacapa


Newcastle United have completed the signing of former Lyon captain, Claudio Cacapa, on a free transfer on an initial two-year contract.

The 31-year-old Brazilian centre-half put pen to paper late on on Friday, with his deal including an option for a third season at St James' Park.

Cacapa, who had won five French league titles in a row with Lyon, told his new club's official website: "I've been in Newcastle since last Sunday and I've realised just how big a club it is and I hope I will be as happy here as I was in Lyon.

"I've spoken with Sam Allardyce since I've been here and I've been very impressed and I want to play for him. It's a massive club with big potential and I want to be part of that.

"I want a new challenge in a new country and the Premier League is a very competitive league.

"I've got a lot to prove, but I want to show everyone that I'm good enough to play for Newcastle United and I'm confident I can do that."

0 comments: